[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Fixing the Pinzgauer

Fixing the Pinzgauer

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Fixing the Pinzgauer

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:01 am

I know this is going to be so very Ho-Hum for some of you.... But I am so excited that I fixed the Pinz and have it running and that I did it myself. I did use one life line where I called a friend, but other than that I fixed it myself.

OK. Start with the existing not running engine...

Here are the old points. I was very worried about getting these correct.

The condenser turned out to be the biggest problem (and cost me a life line). The sucker is press fit into the bottom of the distributor.

The friend I called told me to remove the distributor and remove the condenser on the bench, by sawing off the bottom of it and crushing the can and then yanking it out with pliers. That actually made it easier to remove and made it easier to install the points and set the point gap.

After that it was just pull the old plugs and wires and run the new ones.

I did have a problem where it would not start when I first got it done. Turns out I forgot to plug in the wire going from the distributor to the coil. Ooops.

The final result:

I have another video I will of the first run all buttoned up, terrorizing the neighborhood deer. I'll try to upload that to youtube later today.

Timothy
I came, I saw, I got stuck in the mud.
LibTimothy

Re: Fixing the Pinzgauer

Postby TxPlates » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see this beast in action.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Awesome, good news. We'll have a least one working vehicle there. :lol
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Just curious, how hard is it to get replacement parts for your rig to fix issues ?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:00 pm

LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:04 am

Nah no rambling, I'm impressed that can still get parts. Definitely a one of a kind on the trails, good to see you can keep it running.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Here is a video of me terrorizing the local deer.

And one of me cruising thru the back yard...

Fun!

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Nice, good job. Also, nice garage!
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Hell yes, that's awesome. And definitely a sweet looking garage.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to On-Topic