[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Fist Gen Explorer SAS kit in the works.

Fist Gen Explorer SAS kit in the works.

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Fist Gen Explorer SAS kit in the works.

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:50 pm

In addition to the James Duff kit that is now out there, a member of EF is designing a first gen RBV SAS kit.

I know some of you have already seen this of Facebook, but since you didn't bother to share I guess I'll have to. :finger.

From what I can see so far, it looks pretty good, even accounting for the hump on the driver's saide frame rail where the coil bucket would mount. I'd like to see some keying in the brackets so that they can be lined up a little more easily. Also, I very much dislkie the lack of upper coil mount retainer. I know Jeep used that drop out design on their Cherokees for years, so it is a proven system, but I prefer for the coil springs to work as intended, in both directions (compression and rebound).
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Fist Gen Explorer SAS kit in the works.

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Yes because of the coil spring retainer I'm leaning more towards James duff kit. Also i am a fan of the James duff track bar mount
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Justin Klare » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:46 pm

So I guess the red ranger might get a solid axle!
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 am

Weird, he uses a Rubicon express style radius link on the driver's side, but left the passenger side going to only the bottom link. Coil adapters are pretty ugly. Not sure why he didn't continue the bracing up to the top of the shock mount.

Also, this kit will only work on 4 link style axles, which would be the JK Dana 44's, or more commonly, Dana 30's. :eek

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Return to On-Topic