[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm

How do I do it?

:detective

It's a 2003 Explorer Sport, manual trasnmission.
About as close to unreality, as never being, ever was.
mr. everyman
Cowboy Crust Buster & Rule Bender

Re: Cheap Lift for my Sport

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

2003, right?
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:29 pm

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks man! that's awesome. Yeah the front is easy, it's mostly the rear I'm lookin at. Need to buy new tires anyway, and thought I'd lift it a bit first.
mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Makes sense to me. :thumbup

What size tire do you plan to run?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:48 pm

mr. everyman

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm

but I also kinda want to get something that will have a bit longer highway life, and i've read the Baja Radials are a little soft...
mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm not sure if you can go with a smaller diameter rim, due to the size of the brakes. I'll have to double check that with some of the guys that are more familiar with second gens. For a radial all terrain, you can't go wrong with a BFG All Terrain. For straight highway, I like Michelen LTX-S. I'm sure others will have other recommendations. Who's Baja Radial are you looking at?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 pm

mr. everyman

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm

well hey I gotta meet somebody for diner, I'll check back later if you have any additional thoughts
mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Okay, not sure what size your current wheels are, but I've been told that 15" wheels will fit yours just fine.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 pm

mr. everyman

Postby mr. everyman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

so what are some good manufacturers of some 15" beadlocks? I like the style that is black with a silver lip, and has the round billet holes
mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:21 pm

You looking for real beadlocks? Or a more street friendly look-alike?

Real beadlocks require regular supervision, and while some will say they are not street legal, I think that they shouldn't be recommended for a daily driver. When I had beadlocks on my daily driver, I maintained a second set of 'street' tires on separate wheels.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Okay I didn't know that thanks for the heads up. Yeah I def don't want to have to constantly monitor them, but I probably wouldn't go for fakes either lol. That makes my rim options even cheaper haha
mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:18 pm

If you are running a the 31x10.50x15 tires, I'd probably go with a 15x8 wheel. Steel will be cheaper, but Aluminum will have less rotational mass, and thus better MPG's.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm

You could do the 3" body lift that I have on the sport trac, not to bad to do and it was around $250 if I remember, and I might be interested in selling you my 15X10 rock crawler rims that have 35" Goodyear MTR's on them with a little more than 1/2 tread left along with a spare that's never been used.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby mr. everyman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm

mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Probably not much of a noticeable difference. You'll likely lose more from the tire size difference, until you regear the axle to compensate.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:00 pm

I guess you are not interested. That's cool.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby mr. everyman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:30 pm

mr. everyman

Postby BigTim55 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Parker I'll give you $20 for your 35s

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Sure Timmy, add 00.00 after your offer and they're yours :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 pm

$200.00? We can call it an early Christmas gift

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby mr. everyman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

So triple E, any reason you recommended 15x8 over 15x10?
mr. everyman

Next

Return to On-Topic