[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Ft. Hood

Ft. Hood

Texas Trails discussion.

Ft. Hood

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Nov 09, 2001 4:28 pm

near Waco CLOSED <br><br>"I live in Killen right next to Ft. Hood. No it is not closed....you just have to know how to get in there. It is closed to hunting most of the time and most 4-wheelers in TX are hunters so if you just going in to wheel your cool." - texaslearner <br><br>"There has been a long standing battle over this property for about 2 years now. I am curious how you are gaining entry. This was NEVER open to hunters or fishermen of any kind. So I don't think that is keeping the gate's closed to the public. If you are in the military, with a valid ID gaining entrance is feasible otherwise entry seems to be a thing of myth and legend." - AustinJPR <br><br>"Texaslearner's explanation leaves much to be desired, but in small 1 to 2 vehicle groups you can still gain legal access to Ft. Hood (not area 34 or any of the former offroading areas). The way it works is Ft. Hood in the non-hunting seasons will allow you to scout (??army's secret term for offroading??) for that prime hunting spot. You can not go offroading, but if you should have to lock in those hubs to clear an obstacle in your "scouting", well then so be it. So it (Ft. Hood) is not legally open to offroading, but you can still offroad there in a kind of round about way. <br>I personally have never done this, but I've heard from numerous people who have. In fact Robert C. may have been the one who originally told me about this (I can't remember for sure). Then again maybe I made it all up." - Zukster <br><br>"Ft. Hood is still closed, and they are/were from mild to wild. Great wheelin' experience, and the latest word I've heard is that opening again is still questionable." - Doug C. <p><a href="http://Demon4x4.com/Mudd">My Truck</a><br><a href="http://Demon4x4.com">Demon4x4.com</a><br><a href="http://Explorer4x4.com">Explorer4x4.com</a><br><a href="http://www.texplorers.rockcrawler.com">TEXplorers.com</A></p><i></i>
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Return to Texas Wheeling