H.E. Spoul Ranch - Fort Davis, Texas

Texas Trails discussion.

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:59 pm

http://www.spoulranch.com

JEEP TOURS

Wildlife and Scenery Tour - 2 ½ hours
This tour is a true 4x4 experience. You will travel to the top of Cook Mountain overlooking the ranch headquarters and be able to view magnificent mountain scenery in every direction. You will also have a chance to view abundant native wildlife, including mule deer, white tail deer, aoudad, javelina, many species of birds and more! The trip ends in Frasier Canyon, which is filled with native trees and plant life, including Oak, Alligator Juniper, Madrone, Ponderosa Pine and more. Frasier creek also runs seasonly.
Adults: $55.00
Children under 12: $45.00
Ranch Fishing Tour - 5 hours

In addition to gorgeous scenery and wildlife, this trip allows you to fish in a mountaintop pond surrounded by Ponderosa Pines trees. You could catch crappie, bass or catfish! A picnic lunch is also provided. All fishing is catch and release.

Adults: $125.00
Children under 12: $115.00
**All tours lengths are averages and could be longer or shorter depending on weather and road conditions**

The tours listed above seem to be guided tours in their vehicles, not sure on rates for bringing our own, like mentioned below. If there is any interest, I could inquire.

Alexandra Smith wrote:Demon 4X4:

We are writing to you today to share with you an opportunity we believe Demon 4X4 would enjoy at the H.E. Sproul Ranch, in Fort Davis, TX!

The H.E. Sproul Ranch is a historic working ranch located in Far West Texas. The scenery is unmatched and the terrain is ideal for 4 x 4 adventures. Our mountains reach elevations up to 7,000 feet, with our headquarters sitting at 5,400 feet.

The Ranch offers first class accommodations and home cooked meals in our spacious Lodge. We are also equipped to serve meals in the mountains so your club doesn’t waste any time away from the roads!

Our rooms are equipped with all the latest amenities, including coffee pots, televisions with dvd, mini-fridges, microwaves and wireless internet. We also have a custom lagoon pool, hot tub, outdoor television, and fire pit.

For the first time ever, we are offering the opportunity for a club such as yours to share our Ranch. Access to this type of property is extremely rare in West Texas! Please visit our website and our Facebook page above, to see pictures of the H.E. Sproul Ranch, or call with any questions you may have. We look forward hearing from your club soon.

Sincerely,
Tony and Kerith Timmons
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: H.E. Spoul Ranch - Fort Davis, Texas

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Triple E wrote:I see on your website that you have guided jeep tours (which look like they occur in your vehicles). What are the allowances and rates for unguided tours with personally owned vehicles? What would you say is the acreage available for off-road use?

Thanks,
Randall

Bo wrote:Thank you for taking the time to look over the letter we sent you. In response to your questions, we have 10,000 acres on the ranch. The package price is $350 per off-road vehicle, per day. This price includes the meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will require a MINIMUM of 6 off-road vehicles. The cost of the rooms are an additional fee of $125.00 a night. The price of vehicles will go down based on the number of days you decided to stay.
1 day- $350/per off-road vehicle, per day
2 day- $300/per off-road vehicle, per day
3 day- $250/per off-road vehicle, per day

The maximum days will be three. Please let us know if you are interested. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Bo
Receptionist

Looks a bit pricey... though it does include meals.
KF5ZXT

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: H.E. Spoul Ranch - Fort Davis, Texas

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Dude that's ridiculous.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:06 am

Yeah, pretty much. :lol
I was a little surprised that the unguided rate was more than the guided rate, let alone 5+ times as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Return to Texas Wheeling