[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Demon BBQ Smoker

Demon BBQ Smoker

Discuss trail worthy recipes, campground gear, and anything else suited for the nights under the stars.

Demon BBQ Smoker

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Ok so we all love to grill, and by that I mean you like me to do it when we go camping/wheeling lol. So with that said we never really have a great grill to do this with. So my suggestion is for us to find a decent smoker w/a box on a small trailer that we can take with us. I'm willing to keep it at my house (so I can hone my bbq and smoking skills) and with that said me paying for 1/2 of it. So I thought maybe if we could raise a little money from the rest of the group to help offset the cost then I can tote it to our wheeling/camping trips (and I'll do the cooking). Any interest?

I was thinking something similar to this:

I keep my eye out on craigslist for ones that where I got this pic, if we all keep our eyes out bet we can find a nice deal on one. Anyone have any interest in doing this?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Demon BBQ Smoker

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm down to pitch in

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Sweet, when you think of it keep your eye out on craigslist there in Houston and let me know if you see anything that seems like something we'd want.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:14 am

Ur an impatient bstid, & ur right I'm a sniffing glue man. Take away the smoke tower & trlr you get something like this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3jXPprrmgkQ/R ... okebox.jpg

& something like that is what I'll donate. I have too little time & too many projects to build it into the demon griller as discussed elsewhere. Err go I'll pawn the responsibility off on you, I'll get actual pix when i get home...needs a little love, & a few mods to be mobilized....repainting is highly recommended....use header paint tho bbq paint sucks.
8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Yea I don't want one with the stack. Definitely post up some pics of the one you have.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 am

Are you kidding? I'd love the stack, not practical for club bidness, but still.

anyways as promised....

more photos here.....on the phone ain't gonna link each one. Or Randall can fix it...I've noticed he sometimes likes to do that too.

http://s472.photobucket.com/user/strang ... rary/grill

Like i said my plan was to demonize it with fresh paint...maybe update the grates the cook ones are ok, but the charcoal ones have always been too low imo. Not enough air flow/room for ash underneath....do away with the little cart for a receiver mount type setup, with legs that compacted down for transit,add some more'latching' for a more secure transit as far as doors etc....are concerned. And the little 'counter top' was going to be changed for one of lexan/metal/&maybe wood that folded down for transit....Demon4x4.com would've been cut out and back lit thru the lexan an wired as a 3rd brake light....oh and perhaps sure up the fire box for transit, i hadn't investigated that possible need yet tho.

BUT, time i have little of & you seem to be itching for the project...besides with this one gone I'll have more incentive to build my new one. Don't get me wrong there's nothing really wrong with this one, 'combos' arn't the best smokers in the first place....otherwise it's just a matter of not fitting my cooking style. I don't really smoke, or grill...so much as grill indirectly save the sear....

idk lmk i have money too if you find something else
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 am

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:51 am

Nah I think that'll work just fine.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:59 am

Where do you live? McClung and I can get it if you can't drop it off and we can work on stripping it and painting and putting some new grates on it.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 am

Dublin. I'm on vacation nxt week to accomplish alot of things....be gone sparatically...my number is 2545926657. We can figure something out....Worse case my mommy can take care of you. Best case we'll meet in the middle....me or Randall will update my location later.
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:57 am

Updated.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Well poop, I'll be out the state all next week. Taking the kiddos to Universal Studios. But if you end up passing by location and wanna drop it off shoot me a PM and I can send you my address. Otherwise we'll make other arrangements.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 pm

SOB that's like 4 instances this were kids have ruined my life....& i ain't even got any....if only MF was on the way to DFW instead of San-austin-tonio....i could drop it off otw to see phantom....okay new plan we figure it out.....
8am8am

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:34 pm

8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Well we'll figure out something. Maybe just bring it to next gtg you attend.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Remember i work with mike....take his track record of availability & mine is about the same if not worse then his. Not saying i won't try just a friendly disclaimer.
8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Fail.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 pm

I know, but in my defense i blame magic mike....
8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:21 pm

The fail was aimed at you.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:54 pm

And i deflected it at mike.....besides you going out of state is just as much part of the fail...
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:55 pm

He's got you there...
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Epic fail!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Any update on this? I'll be buying a new smoker once I get back from Florida for my house, so I'm excited about that. I'd like to get this smoker so we can figure out a way to mount it to something so it's easy to travel with us when we off road and camp.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Um you haven't picked it up, I haven't delivered it. Not sure what more updating there is other then that?
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Lol.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Next

Return to At the Campground