[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Turbo 4 Conversion, The Nasty Hoe Gets Blown!

Turbo 4 Conversion, The Nasty Hoe Gets Blown!

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm

92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby SVO » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:42 am

SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby blee1099 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Crazy Asian
blee1099

Postby SVO » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Slotted the cross member and moved the motor mounts back, now I have a 10* list to the driver's side I'll need to compensate for by slotting the cross member up and down.

I was only able to spend an hour on it this weekend, so this is as far as I have gotten, hopefully I'll get to spend more time with it over the hollidays.

Remember this is mearly test fitting/mocking up, to see what needs to be done to get to the final fitment stage.

SVO

Postby SVO » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:28 pm

SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:22 pm

the gauge cluster looks good. i was scared i was going to have to give you the navajo gauges back.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm

SVO

Postby SVO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Randall,

We're having debugging issues on the board sir

SVO

Postby SVO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Damn John lookie what I found in some of my book down under the work bench:

Looks like I don't need to worry about fabbing up brackets after all, seems as though all I need are these brackets from a 1988-1997 Ranger with a 2.3 and an automatic tranny, plus the hydralic motor mounts and I'm a done deal :idea

SVO

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Hey Jeffy...

Are you going to Stick with the T-bird Tranny mount or you going to put the explorer one on it. From here it looks like the rear of the trans might be up a tad too high from that t-bird mount and only one bolt hold it in place with the Explorer one you will have two... If you need an Explorer mount I have an Extra.

Kris
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby SVO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes Kris I'll take it, put it in a box with the kick down cable and the shift cable if you were able to find one.

And I know there was something else I was going to ask you parts wise but as of right now I can't think of it, Grrrrr.

But when I remember I'll post up about it.

BTW thanks for observing and asking ;)
SVO

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:58 pm

How soon do you need them.. I am going to be making a trip up to see you with in the next two weeks. I can bring it then or mail it to you.

I have some thing to drop off with you and dont worry its mobile.

Kris
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby SVO » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:41 pm

SVO

Postby SVO » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:28 pm

SVO

Postby JRodSA » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:10 pm

not sure if this guy has what you need, but worth a shot and i'll pick it up for you no prob

ranger 2.3 parts

2009 is here, Take charge, take risks, take responsibility.
Live, Laugh, & most imporant LOVE
JRodSA

Postby SVO » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:25 am

SVO

Postby SVO » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:10 pm

Oooooook!

Got both of the motor mount brackets, and have both motor mounts, so I'm pretty much there, but I have a Navajo coming in monday for a motor swap, so I'll have to pull my drivetrain out and put the motor back on the stand and the trans back on the bench so I can move my Navajo outside.

So once the other Navajo motor swap is done then I can drag mine back in and start putting mine back together again.

So the grocery list continues:

motor mount brakets
motor mounts
trans mount that lowers transmission
scrounge up some t-case bolts to mount t-case
TV cable
shift cable

and that should pretty much have me to the point of being able to start building the wiring harness, now that the motor and tranny will be sitting in the correct position.
SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:50 am

i didn't give you any of those cables? i could have sworn i did.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Bring all you gots monday when you come up, any thing else you can think of, if I don't use it I'll put it in a box and give it back to you when you come up again.

BTW you can have your old motor mounts back as they didn't work.
SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 pm

I don't have that stuff anymore. i thought i took it to you or kris took it up there to you. i don't need the mounts back.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Ok well I'll use the motor mounts to throw at speeding cars in the nieghbourhood then :twisted:

SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:33 pm

sounds good to me. can we start tomorrow? :twisted:
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 pm

Mechanical Mock-Up Phase 99% Complete!

I pulled the motor and transmission again today.

So as far as the mock-up goes, it's pretty much a done deal, a little trimming on the powersteering pump to give a little more clearance to the high pressure and return hose.

Clearence the valve cover breather seperator on top of the valve cover to firewall.

Still had to modify the motor mounts to get the right dangle on the angle.

May still have to get a Ranger automatic transmission filler tube and dip stick.

BUT! I can now start on getting the wiring set-up, so now I need to pull the dash assy and start building the wiring harnesses that will be used for the chassis and powertrain.

These motor set-ups are already a cluster from Ford (wiring and plumbing), so I'm going to try and clean it up as much as possible to that majority of the wiring is hidden.

Here are some pictures, that should give you and idea of FINALLY how it's all supposed to fit in there, note how far back it sits and the, and there is no more list to the driver's side, very close tollerances between the engine and firewall, plus the power steering pump bracket/steering gear box, and that it all fits under the hood line nice and clean.

Feels like I finally got somewhere today!

Enjoy! :D:D:D

SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:41 am

why are you taking pictures when you should be working jeffy? :finger
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:50 am

SVO

PreviousNext

Return to Demon Projects