pop ups

Announcements about changes to the site, or inquires about making them. Any suggestions on the site, forums, or club in general? Post them here. We're always looking for input.

pop ups

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:36 am

Special Vehicle Operator
(8/6/03 11:08 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Pop Ups They came back for a brief period, but went away.

Thank you for fixing it so they don't pop up anymore. :D

The Black Ox
(8/6/03 5:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups No problem ;) I hate popups.

Special Vehicle Operator
(8/7/03 7:36 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups But they popped up again this morning. :(

(8/7/03 3:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups Hey guys, we don't need to hear about your pop-ups. Have your girlfriends take care them.

JJ - the guy who keeps it down with mozilla.

The Black Ox
(8/7/03 3:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups I'll look into it...

The Black Ox
(8/7/03 3:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups I haven't personally seen them, has anyone else?

Quote:From EZBoard Support
There are several possible sources for seeing ads on an ezboard that are NOT actually coming FROM ezboard. If you see pop ups but not banner ads, the pop ups are definitely NOT coming from the ezboard. Ezboard pop ups are launched from the ezboard banner ads.

1. You may have other windows open to other sites that are launching the pop ups.
2. You may be getting a time-delayed pop-up from a website you left some time earlier.
3. You visit the ezboard FIRST THING when you sign on to the internet, and your isp or a program on your computer is set to give you a pop-up when you first open your browser.
4. You may be getting pop-ups, banner ads or strange links from a program you have inadvertently installed on your computer.(see below)
5. If you see ads on a gold board or you are an ezSupporter and see ads on any board, that board admin may have added their own ads. Many admins will buy gold for their board and then put up their own ads, including pop ups.

6. Or the admin may have added a third party script and did not realize it would cause pop ups. Recently scripts from sitegadgets have been causing alot of pop ups on boards where they are used.
Another one is if you are using a cjb.net redirect for
your board, they will give you lots of popups.
4-4-02 add realtracker, a free counter that causes Sprinks pop ups.
added 5-27-02 courtesy of Leuquarte: If you put a board in a frameset for a website, and that website has pop ups, the board will have pop ups too, coming from the website, not from ezboard.

(8/7/03 5:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups I have had any problems with popups... It may be possible a website secretly added something to your registry so that when you come here (why here, I don't know) a popup would happen. My parents computer had that happen one time because of a website my brother went to.... I didn't ask what site :rolleyes ... Could also be a program you have installed?

Special Vehicle Operator
(8/7/03 9:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pop Ups Ruthless John, just ruthless, next thing you'll tell me is that's called Morning Wood, right?! :p
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Return to Announcements & Suggestions