[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Zav Elgin TX - 1991 Explorer Xl

Zav Elgin TX - 1991 Explorer Xl

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Postby zavaral » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:43 pm

Lets see Im 20 years old with three cars (WHOA) got the Sploder, Impala, Tiburon.

1991 Explorer Xl
-5.5" Superlift with SOA
-Low pinion D44 sittin in the side yard waiting for money to regear with 5.12, disc conversion and the leaf springs then workin on the rear.
-Dark Denim Blue interior.
-in desperate need of new stickers/decals

2000 Impala
-Metalic Auburn (It's a mystic color)
-Pure stock

2001 Tiburon (Its really the fiances but whatever)
zavaral

Postby Stang Girl » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:45 pm

Where are the pics of the Impala and Tiburon?
Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:00 pm

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Zav Elgin TX - 1991 Explorer Xl

Postby zavaral » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 am

I guess i could update this with more info.
Current mods.
-5.5" super lift
-33x12.5 BFG mud terrains (wish i still had my Firestones)
-Panasonic single din cd player
-2 12" Polk audio subwoofers powered by Rockford Fosgate amp.
-6000k HID installed 9007 modified wires to work in 9004 connector.
-2 Hella slim 55w lights on bumper, 2 KC hilights 150w on roof rack, 2 walmart special trail blazers 130w on roof rack,
-2 Harbor Freight special lights installed on front bumper mount pointing towards front tires.
-K&N filter

Future mods
-D44 with 4.56 gears (haven't decided on what type of locker)
-4.56 gears for the rear (haven't decided what type of locker yet)
-5.0L swap (Just waiting on finances)

Current Problems
-3-4 years of used 15w40 sitting in the block while overseas. Clogged the motor and oil pump (who know what else)
-Both axles geared 3.55 with open diffs.

Pics to come when ever I get the chance to go back home.
zavaral

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:34 pm

What type of suspension are you thinking of going with for your future swap?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:40 pm

I was actually thinking on going with a leaf spring set up in the front. You don't see it too often and I like the looks of the leafs in the front. I have thought of adding a couple inches of lift when I do it so I can fit 38's or so under there.
zavaral

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 pm

The leaf spring set up also has the advantages of being the easiest and cheapest to pull off, or so I've read.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 pm

And theres that too.
zavaral

Postby zavaral » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 am

Well after some research and new knowledge (thanks Kris), I'm gonna go with 4.88 gears front and rear. Tells you how long I've really been out of the game, last I checked 4.88 were still unavailable. I haven't decided what locker/limited slip I want to use. Debating on OX or E-locker for the rear. To me both seem more reliable and air. I don't think I want a full blown locker in the front since I'm still wanting it to be DD worthy.
I also think I changed my mind on being leaf sprung in the front. Figured since my D44 is ready for coils, why create more work for me when I can build radius arms and call it good. But who know.

Sent from my crap Sidekick using Forum Runner
zavaral

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:06 am

As long as you are running front hubs, the front locker will have no effect during daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am

You sir, have a very good point. Maybe I should think more when I'm tired.... stupid grave shift. Or better yet I could just stop thinking in general, that might (inserted) make (end insertation) people more happy..

Sent from my crap Sidekick using Forum Runner

Edit:::: happy now!!!!
Last edited by zavaral on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:18 am

Insert - make. lol
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Vehicle Registry