[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - outcast among Demons; Emporium of a zu keeper.

outcast among Demons; Emporium of a zu keeper.

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

outcast among Demons; Emporium of a zu keeper.

Postby 8am8am » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 am

At the behest of the creator...a build thread, of sorts.
First a little back history

Some of you know, some of you don't, but for me the vehicle of choice atleast in this realm is isuzu's. Hence the title; even tho most of you feel the pain being a minority in the offroading community with explorers and nissans....us isuzu guys are probably the bottom of the totum as far as production offroaders.

Aftermarket 'bolt on' support, there's 3 companies and when their inventory starts drying up...well we'll be getting a lot more creative. Segement specific Message boards like EF, we pretty much have one. Lest we 4 get this, our brand, Isuzu (notcountingcommercial) has been out of the North American market for over 10 years....It can be a tough gig sometimes, but believe it or not there's enough benefits to keep a small but very avid group of us going....

So like I said this will be a build thread of sorts, but aswell an emporium. I won't limit it to just one vehicle, or will it grow in typical build thread fashion. Me+documentation isn't always all that great, plus with time constraints progress happens too erratically....so on with the show.

This came up at the mention of the "new" one so we'll start there... One of the benefits to Isuzus is they procreate, in fact having them spayed or neutered is a good idea if you plan to keep multiple zu's together.

I'd caught two of mine in the act red handed; apparently they're into some sort of strange reverse cowgirl doggy style thing that I'm hard pressed to describe.

About 12 months later out popped a little baby boy. Steele, aluminium, and tin requires a little more gestation then flesh....or so it seems I'm not a doctor, a mechanic, or have a clue how car sex an reproduction occurs...

He was born with his dad's hard chiseled lines, and crisp rugged features. His mother a more full figured gal he's a little on the 'big boned' side aswell. He was definetly born a texican as evident by his strange feet, and pinstriping only an essays mother could love. Unfortunately this wasn't a fairytale pregnancy & birth. He was born with a perforation between various chambers of his heart. It hasn't swayed this tough an resilient family tho. Mom and son have been doing all sorts of things together. Hopefully soon he'll be out of surgery with heart defects repaired....Him and dad starting a tough regime of training, and body building as soon as possible.

With out further a due the latest member of my humble family; Tin Cup.
as stated thus far he's been a mommas boy.

At the doctors.

Plans and intentions? Well we'll start by saying the first 10 ppl to say SAS will be slapped. I'm not scared of, or opposed to SAS, in fact I lay waiting for the ideal candidate. The problem; 1st gen amigos are getting harder and harder to find. As such i don't want to go so far as to reduce how it began, or shorten his life expectancy. On the Demon chart he'll be a cross....queen of the super dog, or dirty mall crawler for short. I want him to be very much capable...just as much go as show...but we'll be scared of BIG damage...Once again the scarcity factor, damage is unavoidable and we realize this.

isuzu's of this body style are good for roughly 3inch suspension & 3inch body. So I'll do the 3on3 an try to squeeze some 35's underneath. Wheel math becomes pretty important here...I'll do the necessary mods to support and handle the 3inch suspension, as well as what few performance boosts can be done. Rear lunchbox locker, and maybe regear the transfer case to 3/1. This depends on when I find my truffle pig, if he/she is found b4 then, extensive modification efforts will be turned from Tin Cup to the new ?....
8am8am

Re: outcast among Demons; Emporium of a zu keeper.

Postby 8am8am » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Edit fixed pix....sorta...probably could reduced their size....just click to se whole image...
8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Nice the old amigos are cool. Will be sweet to see it once it's done and by done I mean for a trail, they're never really done are they?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Done? What like a steak? I don't know if cars are like meat? Lol.

Actually with out this one being my truffle pig i do hope to obtain a level of done-ness. Hopefully it times out where the pig shows up just b4 i'm ready to lock the rear/regear the transfer case. All the major components will be straightened out b4 i tackle those two things....so hopefully from there it'll just be a matter of maintain/light modification.

If only.....ha
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 am

I almost bought an Amigo the day I ended up buying my Explorer. Things would have been a lot different for me, had that happened.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby 8am8am » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 am

Yessir you woulda been 10 times cooler, and we would've met 4 yrs sooner. :D Told ya I'd bring expanded horizons.
8am8am

Postby MrQ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:30 am

So what exactly makes Isuzu's rare? Or in better terms why aren't they around anymore?
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Well they're not around because Izusu isn't a big name brand here in America for vehicles. With that said, they're pretty cool. The Amigo aka Isuzu Wizard in Japan was from 1989-1998, not a bad run in mu opionion. They're popular I only assume for offorading for their width and their wheel base. Also pretty neat vehicles for just f'ing up. Also they come with the removeable top in the rear much like a jeep, but far enough back to where you can have the top removed and nothing is getting slung at you from offroading.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 pm

And c'mon, in spanish "amigo" means friend!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Isuzu's in general arn't rare, but certain models are. The 1st gen amigos, both generation spacecabs, vehicross, axiom, impulse. ...these are rarer due to the lower numbers imported, and subsequent death by owner. Or in the case of the vx only 6000 were made with about 4000 coming to the states.

you got all the nifty things txplates said.

y no longer stateside? 1st major hit lieing ass consumer reports agency shredded the isuzu name really bad. Later to all be proven false etc...but the damage was done. 2nd major hit GM...GM held isuzu under such an oppressive thumb it wasn't even funny. They wouldn't even let they're own lines compete, Pontiac was always retarded back a few degrees from chevy.....they certainly weren't going to let isuzu infringe on their sales in any big way. Isuzu pulled out the u.s. market and has slowly began to take back stock control over themselves. GM owns very little now, and a true 'pertnership' is being forged.

At last check they were the only Japanese automaker operating in the black. Toyato sales the prius for such a loss it isn't even funny, nissan has over extended it's self so badly it's a crying shame. The titan is a nice truck sure, but look at the sales...globaly isuzu is the only company that even holds a candle to cummins in diesel power & technology. While it's not real ized in the US they're also a pioneer in 4x4 technology. The torque on demand 4x4 (developed with borgwerner) system help set the ground work for the electronic 4x4 systems where you select the terain. Push a button or turn a nob 'sandy' 'hard rock' 'loose rock' 'snow' etc... Down under one of the more favorite 4x4s of Australia is isuzu...usually it's been rebaged, but they know what it is.

and most important in this case....my amigo is my friend :D

oh plz note the isuzu hombre, i270, I350, and ascender are not isuzu's just rebadged gm's....the d-maxx is similar to the colorado/canyons but is uniquely it's own from the global/north american platform and is more capable then either.
8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Can't wait to see it, should be interesting.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:44 pm

I hope so. I've got a stock pile of mod parts so once the engine is taken care of work should progress pretty quik. Main snags will be wheels/tires and decent list of 'maintenance' parts....I'ma ride my mechanic here in a little bit.... isuzu colors are black & red so that's gonna set the tune for my paint scheme....I'm gonna do the hard top in red then as big as i can, put the demon logo & info in black, on the top of it...that way when it comes off at event sites prop it up a little an bam, it's like a 4ftx4ft demon billboard........demon approval pending ofcourse...
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:50 pm

:thumbup

Sounds good to me. Who else is getting one? :D
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby 8am8am » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Giant decal? Idk when i get to that stage of the build I'll bring it to the table....got a few sources for cutters just gotta sort out who's the best rte for quality & price on something that big...where the amigo txt is will also be demon propaganda. The windshield eyebrow is tied between two non demon ideas...hood is between demon/isuzoo/cowel/scoop....this thing will market....

like i said when i get closer to that I'll bring it back up...I'll need high resolution artwork from you anyways. Priorities right now, get it moving on its own...pay off tickets...pay off my avatar restriction...wheels...build...mod...tires.
8am8am

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 am

:thumbup

Sounds good.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby reapereviltwin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Here you are BamBam, I am posting on your thread! :finger :finger :finger :r2d2 :island :troll :pint :homer :chicken :raspberry :grinpimp

reapereviltwin
Magic Mike
CORE Member
CORE Member
Super Modified

Return to Vehicle Registry