[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - My Truck - 1974 Pinzgauer 712M

My Truck - 1974 Pinzgauer 712M

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:09 am

OK. I am different.

Gentlemen, may I present my 1974 Pinzgauer 712M - the Zombie Killer.

Two different views of the same obstacle.

Pinzgauers are also know as Swiss Army Trucks. The 712M is about the size of your average SUV. It is way smaller than a Deuce and a half.

I have not done much to the pinz. She needs a tune up. As you can imagine, parts are pricy for the pinz, so I don't go outside my comfort zone. The Pinz comes with portal axles, 6 wheel drive, and differential lockers, which means I can get in trouble WAY over my head faster than you can imagine. The truck makes it look easy.

It looks like you all at least like to go off road. I can't make every trip, but I'd like to get out before the year is over.

So..... When is the next trip to HF? I'm ready.

Timothy
I came, I saw, I got stuck in the mud.
LibTimothy

Re: My Truck

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:13 am

Sweet rig! Six wheel drive must be nice. We haven't set the next date yet, but I'm sure we will as soon as TxPlates truck is out of the shop.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Welcome to the group LibTimothy, you're sorta right up the road from me. Can't wait to see that rig in person.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Wow that thing is fuckin awesome. Welcome to the group. I can't wait to see this monster. I'm a zombie killer also. And a tim!

Sent from Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:55 pm

How many zombies have you two killed? FIGHT!
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:08 pm

"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:41 pm

LibTimothy

My Truck

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Damn, I've used that Chester one before...

We're glad to have you!
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 pm

LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:57 am

Lmao off at the excuses, mine currently is still be occupied by a family of river rats. This group has come quite the distance, taken us a while to get our rigs ready and of course they're never really done, but driveable none the less, and we intend on using them. Mine actually should be near completion this week where it's at, then just a few things to change out once its back and we're ready to rock some trails.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 am

LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 am

I'm right there with you, my rig has been down almost a year. I see a lot of people riding lawn mowers to the corner stores to get beer, are they perhaps some of your members from the other group? lol. Although to their defense, I do love me some beer :)
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: My Truck - 1974 Pinzgauer 712M

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am

Hard to tell the size of this thing from the pics, but is the Pinz considered a full width? What's the wheel base (I guess front to most rear axle, haha)? Looks a little top heavy. I bet that increases the pucker factor just enough to make things interesting. I think we're wanting to hit up Hidden Falls the weekend after Thanksgiving.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Well....

Stolen from the internet...

Pinzgauer 712M 6X6 Technical Data
Empty Weight 2400 kg (5291 lb)
Payload 1500 kg (3307 lb)
Total Weight 3900 kg (8598 lb)
Max. People 14
Length 4.95 m (194.9 in)
Width 1.76 m (69.3 in)
Height 2.05 m (80.7 in)
Ground Clearance* 33.5 cm (13.2 in)
Fording Depth 70 cm (27.6 in)
Turning Circle 11.5 m (37.7 ft)
Max. output 66 kW/ 89 PS (89 hp)
Displacement 2499 ccm (152 ci)
Cylinders 4 inline
Fuel Gasoline
Fuel tank capacity 75 liter (20 gallons)
Fuel consumption 19 liters/100km (12.4 miles/gal)
Max. Speed 110 km/h (70 mph)

I remember telling my insurance agent that is was something like 9 inches shorter, 3 inches narrower and 4 inches taller than the '99 Dodge Durango I had at the time.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Haha. I guess they didn't have the Pinz in their system.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:09 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:28 pm

The insurance company.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 am

The agent didn't know what a Pinz is. He was swearing that the underwriters would refuse to insure it. However, the underwriter had already insured several Pinzs, so he had no problem with it.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Return to Vehicle Registry