[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

Postby TxPlates » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Well I broke down and bought a tow rig. Going to pick it up next weekend.

Last edited by TxPlates on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

08 F250

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Welcome to the tow rig club. :cheers
We now have two. :lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: 08 F250

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Nice! I like the color!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby zavaral » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:10 am

Thats a very clean truck. I like it. Good find.

Sent from my SGH-M919
zavaral

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:59 am

Ewwwwwww

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:37 pm

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: 2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:46 pm

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 am

Ewwwwww means pretty? Interesting...

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TexasArmadillo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 pm

"Ewwwww ahhhhh"

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I believe that is spelled, 'ooh.'

'Eww,' is more closely correlated to gross/disgusting.

So you can see how there might have been some confusion.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 am

I like it!!! :-) approve
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:50 am

Hopefully it's in as good a shape as the pictures represent, so we'll see Saturday. Next, need a trailer.

"It is what it is, till it ain't anymore"
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:40 pm

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:10 pm

It's cheaper for me to buy a pre-made trailer.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Nice Parker. Freaking clean.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 pm

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Picked up this rig on Saturday.... here's how it went.

Met up with Randall Friday evening, did some socializing. Got up at 5:30am Saturday, we swung by and picked up Brian, on the road by 6:08am.

Made pretty good time to Baton Rouge. Arrived at the "dealer", which was more or less a dirt parking lot with a trailer type home on it as the "office". The F250 was parked out in the middle, and looked liked it had been cleaned off and wiped down with a ton of armor all. So we arrive, we see the truck and get out to inspect. At this point, we've seen no one. Truc is unlocked, so we do a walk around and start popping the hood, going inside and out. Here's what was noted...

Bad:
- Top of the steering wheel leather is nasty, rest of the wheel ok. Left door mirror, top cover that is painted has gouge in the paint. Rear bumper has some dings and dents and the upper pad is broken and one of the reverse sensors is damaged. Few nicks and chips around the vehicle (but expected with it's age). Right running board is missing the end caps. The antenna was the end of a fishing pole (no I'm not joking). Missing all of the components for lowering the spare and changing the tire. One more thing, but I"ll get to that in a minute as the story progresses.

Good:
- Had a roll top lock cover (didn't say that in the ad) and it works and has a key. Has an after market rear air suspension for towing (also not mentioned in the ad). The body of the truck for the most part is in really great shape. The interior, also is really great shape. Carpet looks like it's brand new, dash is in great condition, seats are very nice. Drivers seat shows light sings of wear from getting in and out, but better than expected. Tires and wheels are in great shape, full size spare.

And back to the story of the F250....

So we really didn't spend too much time doing the paperwork, Bubba was a bit of aloof of how to sell a vehicle but we got the job done (I think, who really knows at this time). So we took the truck for a test spin around the area for a few miles (bit of a dumpy unsafe looking place), all was well. We go back and tell "Bubba" we're going to take it, and tell him about the spare tire stuff. Bubba yells at some dude and tells him to get us a kit for the truck, we get a kit from an 08 Dually, it works after Randall and I took off the lock (this occurred Sunday). So get in the truck, and we head towards a place out by LSU to go have lunch and a few beers. AS we're approaching the area a "wrench" light comes on the dash, as you can imagine I'm not pleased. So we go stop, and look up the code and get all kinds of responses and the manual didn't really give a great explanation either. So we turn the truck off while we're reading and decide to head to our next destination to see if it comes back on as it didn't come on when we started the truck. We go get diesel along the way, and it didn't come back on for a bit of time. Sadly, it did come back on. So we keep on truck and trying to research what it is, still getting multiple results (screw you google!). We hit up Autozone to get it read while we're in Lafayette. We're told one issue is the fuel water separator, and the other is a cod P012F - meaning the coolant and oil such and such. Lot of different reasons on the internet for this issue, no helpful resolutions. So we go eat and then come back out to the truck to attempt to figure out where the switch is to drain the excess fuel/water from and we can't lol. So we continue to go ahead and finish driving home. In the meantime, I've written an e-mail to the place that I bought it at (as of now still has not responded). All the while, the truck is running extremely smoothly and none of the gauges indicate anything is going wrong. No over heating etc. So we get home, call it an evening.

Sunday:
- Randall and I get up, we start addressing a few issues. We knocked off lock for the spare tire so it can be used with the regular jack system, one down. Second, we swap out the upper rear bumper pad (the dealer had actually bought a new one for me and left it in the bed unannounced to me (so really nice surprise). We also removed the rear tow ball off the bumper (why it had that who knows, it has a trailer package). We end up finding where the actual switch is to drain the fuel/water, and drain it out. We check out the coolant, it's a bit low (from what I had read it's possible the sensors would be set off by that), so we fill it up. I leave and the light comes on after about 15 miles, so we're back at square one.

So over all I'm pleased (until I find out that the wrench light is going to cost a ton of money). So we'll see, like I said I've e-mailed the dealer to see what they're willing to do. I'll keep ya'll posted.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 pm

It really is a good looking truck. It had me feeling a bit envious at times. The interior is light years ahead of mine. Lol

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:50 am

True, but at the sometime always something be said for something without a payment. My suggestion, trade yours in lol.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Update - 6/26/2013

Last e-mail to the dealer was Sunday, and I received an e-mail response from "Jon" the gentlemen that I'd been dealing with Monday mid-morning. He advised he would refund the deposit immediately and would check with his boss in regards to the "wrench" light and respond by the end of the day.

End of day Monday - no response

End of day Tuesday - no response

Wednesday - I e-mailed "Jon" in the morning advising I can not get the truck inspected or registered with the "wrench" light, and I still don't have my deposit and would appreciate a response immediately. All through out the day - no response

Wednesday 6:24pm - receive an e-mail from "Jay" advising to call him to discuss the problems. So I call and speak with Jay, and asked what was going on. I was told "Jon" no longer work for Boardwalk Motorcars, my response "wow that was quick turnover on my deal". Jay went on to tell me he'd been working there a long time as the salesmen/manager and was just off for a bit and "Jon" was filling in. Anyone buy that horse shit? Not me. Anyway, so we have a discussion about the wrench light and he stated it sounded like it was just a maintenance item. I asked if he had read the previous e-mails to which he responded yes, so I said then you know the code that I pulled up and it's not a maintenance issue. Long story short, he refunded my money immediately (received the e-mail from paypal) for the deposit, and said just take it and have it looked at and we'll go from there. So hopefully Maria can drop it off tomorrow over at Ford and we'll find out exactly what's going on.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Cool. Good luck with the follow up.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Read it and weep boys.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372373187.071444.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372373197.716315.jpg

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Damn 5 grand. The dealership you bought it from is gonna cover the cost? Or are the expecting you to pay it with the deposit they refunded to you?

Sent from Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm waiting to hear if they're going to cover it. If they do not, they know where the truck is and I'll go this weekend and pick up my Edge.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Wow, so what was the diagnosis?

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Next

Return to Vehicle Registry