[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 2006 Nissan Xterra Zombie Response Vehicle

2006 Nissan Xterra Zombie Response Vehicle

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Re: 2006 Nissan Xterra Zombie Response Vehicle

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 pm

I wouldn't feel bad about that...lol
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Hey, you're not married, so that's her problem. :lol
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 pm

A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Screw it, you'll never be happy with something that's good on gas.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 pm

"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 am

You know what's even cheaper and the same basic platform as an Explorer? A Ford Ranger. :)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 am

I think my brother still has his old ranger....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 am

You should steal it from him, he won't notice.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am

I just talked to him, he sold it. And it was 2wd. I like the little rangers tho. Would it be relatively easy to make trail ready?

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 am

In my opinion, the best ones to get would be a 90-97, 4.0L 4x4. The TTB is pretty cheap to lift, and the ones that come with the 4.0L V6 also come with the upgraded rear axle (Ford 8.8 vs. 7.5), in addition the the Dana 35 TTB (Twin Traction Beam) front axle, which is stronger than it's predecessor, the Dana 28. In '98 the TTB suspension was replaced with a wishbone style, which is harder (more expensive) to lift any more than 2-3" or so.

Others here may have other opinions.

If looking at Explorers, I'd stick in the 91-94 model year range, with 4x4. All of them have Dana 35 fronts and 8.8 rears, as well as 4.0L V6's. These model years share the same TTB suspension of the Rangers that I mentioned and are thus easy/cheap to lift. Of course, I wouldn't blame you for getting a 96+ as long as it has a 5.0L V8 in it. :D
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm

If you want to have any idea of how hard it is to lift the IFS suspension check out Gmanpaint's thread on the Black Hole. I think he was snapping CV shafts all the time with 35's not to mention he has a special coil over setup to get more travel out of the IFS. The one good thing about the IFS is that you can easily get 1.75" of lift in the front by just twisting the torsion bars and then adding warrior shackles in the back. However, like in my case with Red, unless I go the way of the Black Hole, the only way to get that extra lift is to either get a spindle lift (not crazy about that) or body lifts. Since I am fine with my 33's I am just going with the 3" body lift to clear them on the front when fully stuffed.

TTB suspension lifts are already made and for a decent amount of money you can be running 4" easily.
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 pm

He's likely not familiar with the EF board, so he may need a link.

You can lift a TTB suspension 6" for under $1000 (not including tires).
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 pm

-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Why not just get a hyundai?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 pm

The guy is almost done wit the zombie response team emblem for the front of my truck. Image

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Pretty sweet.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 pm

That is fawking awesome!
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Randall make one with the demon logo for our trucks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:33 pm

I'm not sure I have that talent. :lol
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Amber does!!
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Maybe so, but she doesn't listen to me, lol.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Good point lol
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:45 pm

So since the guy couldn't sell me his stuff I just said screw it and I am gonna order a kit from prg. But I can't decide which one to get. http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg-rf-ts-pkg/
Or
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg-fx-ts-kit/
I just don't know if the sway a ways are worth the extra money. After I order the kit I will have to find some LCAs and then next month I will order this kit: http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product ... ear-kit-x/
I might spend the extra $200 and get the radflo emulsions for the back too.

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Are you actually planning on offroading this vehicle?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 am

Maybe a little bit. Nothing too bad bein as it is 2wd.

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

PreviousNext

Return to Vehicle Registry