[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Dan's Red Flyer II

Dan's Red Flyer II

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Re: Dan's Red Flyer II

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 am

That is something that has yet to be determined, but will be discussed prior to us making a run. That EF list is probably a good place to start.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Tax return is on its way and I have some goodies in mind for Red. Moab, here I come!
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Dan's Red Flyer II

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Why so vague? :shrug
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Maybe he doesn't want you to steal his ideas

Sent from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Well played Tim, well played.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Well Tim is right, there seems to be a rash if thefts around here, I can't blame Dan for keeping said upgrades a secret for fear of theft.

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Off with their hands!!!!!!

Sent from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 pm

If that's what it's takes.

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Well my tax return should cover all my upgrades with some left over, including new shocks, the locker, and a full size spare tire. Either that or pick up a heavy duty dodge pick-up I have my eye on. :D
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby MrQ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Ok, Red is going up to Austin this weekend for maintenance and repair from the people who built it. Seems fitting. I'll have to be towing it as apparently my key transponder got erased while trying to start the thing. :confused In any case Russell is going to give it a good going over and give me an idea of what the damage is.

If it is another fuel pump, or tank or filter or ANYTHING fuel related, I have matches and I know right where to strike 'em. :x
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Good luck sir.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby nice59fordf100 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 am

Red bull is at the shop. Installed new pcm, programmed keys, drove truck off trailer. Has a fuel leak down issue, had an egr fault (which by the way, got the new egr valve on dan) and a vibration at idle. Also has a list of items he wants installed. will give updates as they come along.
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby MrQ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Did the new egr valve clear the code?
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:43 pm

No.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby nice59fordf100 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:52 pm

it was part of the problem, the old one was frozen shut, because of a vac issue going to it. im in the midst of figuring that out.
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Yay so my guess was correct :p
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:12 am

Oh great... :roll
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby MrQ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Red is back and I have fixed a couple of things since I got it back as I just had Russell and Kris do the bare basics to get it running again.

New spark plugs
Flushed radiator and coolant
New Sway bar links
New front rotors

Mods in progress:

Powertrax Locker from Garrett on EF
Safari bar
Rear axle and front axle change out to 4.10s
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Dan's Red Flyer II

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Nice. Which locker? Lock-Right, or No-Slip?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:26 pm

It WAS a no-slip. Unfortunately it was for a limited slip, not an open, and I had to send it back. the reason for this was that i was told it was for an open, so on good faith I managed to track down a 4.10 open out of a local jy and had it pulled. I actually had it completely stripped down to just the ring gear and pinion when I found that the locker wouldn't fit. After some research and a serious face palm I informed the seller that the locker he sent me was for the LS. He was genuinely surprised and offered me a full refund. With that resolved, I now need a replacement locker before I button the axle back up and swap it out with the 3.73. I have a 4.10 pig as well that needs a pinion seal replaced that I will be swapping in as well. I am planning on running full synth front and rear which will hopefully improve my mpg a bit.

In the midst of this I also picked up a Westin safari bar for Red. Granted I had to do some reinforcement and adjustment for my needs, but it came out nicely. I can actually sit on it and not bend the mounts or the bar.

My modifications. 1/4" steel from some old shackles providing support to the upper part of the bar. Still need to paint those. I also welded some of the leftover shackle to the steel pressed back up supports preventing them from bending.

And that's all for now folks! :bounce
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:36 pm

So wait, are you going with 4.10's, or 3.73's?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:11 pm

I am swapping in the 4.10's front and back, replacing the 3.73's.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:11 pm

The rear axle you got from the trac is already a 4.10
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 pm

I know, unfortunately a couple of weeks after I picked up the trac axle, Red went down for the count and in order to get her fixed again I had to sell the axle to get extra funds to get her up to Russell and Kris. This was before I got my old job back. If I had known I would have been hired back I wouldn't have sold it. :(
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Major fail.
TxPlates