[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Justin's 92 Explorer

Justin's 92 Explorer

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Re: Justin, Michael and Kris' 92 Explorer

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 pm

cool. No hurry. :)
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 am

So I Will start day 3 of pulling the transmission in this truck tomorrow. Have about 4 hours in it how over 2 days and transmission is only 2" from the motor. So tomorrow's strategy is to take out the driver side body bolts to and jack it up to get the transmission clear. Then I will put the doubler in, and measure for new driveshafts, and have the trans crossmember modified to be bolt in and modify the t-case skid plate. Then I'll have to figure out what I'm gonna do for the dual case snifters.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 am

Damn dude, sorry that tranny is being more difficult than the ones you usually hang out with. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 am

Id be more than happy to redo the trans crossmember to where it unbolts. Also, have you gotten that eeciv extention harness yet?
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am

I know right Randall? Lol
Russell, no sir. I figured you were waiting to give it to me when you came to Texas lol
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 am

Oh update, after 3.5 hours and pulling the body off the frame 6" I finally was able to get the transmission back enough to get the 3 pieces of the old slave cylinder out and put the new one in. Tomorrow I will bolt the trans up, body, cases, exhaust, measure for driveshafts and drop them off to get made Friday. Next I will need to mod the trans crossmember and figure out what I'm gonna do about shifters for the cases.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:06 pm

And now?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Went to pick up the driveshaft today, guy let me have it free of charge. Should've been $149. That is why I will ONLY let Victoria driveshaft build and modify my shafts. Lee the owner, is a damn good guy.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow, why'd he do that?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Damnit I never can find that kind of service. So what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 pm

He couldn't remember my name Monday but he remembered that I went to fire/emt and police school. He told me today it was a late graduation present. He has the upmost respect for law enforcement and military. I pleaded with him to let me pay for it and he refused. He told me he loves getting to chat with me and that he wishes people my age nowadays were just like me. Meant a lot to hear that. He also misses kris and asked about him. He wanted kris to be his apprentice when kris lived here so kris could take over when he decided to take over.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm

yep he is an awesome guy... makes me wanna bring my driveshafts down to victoria
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:21 am

Seems like a reasonable price too, maybe when I get the SAS done we'll just take the drive shafts there as well for the Trac.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Found my rear 4-link kit. All I need now is tubing, fuel tank of some sort and air shocks.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Justin's 91 Explorer

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 am

Wow, that's pretty reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Justin's 91 Explorer

Postby Justin Klare » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm still thinking about putting a ranger cab on the explorer frame and truggying out the rear. You with me Randall?
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Justin's 91 Explorer

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Yessir. I'll help. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:59 pm

I knew I could count on you buddy :)
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 am

Yall and that idea of a Ranger cab. :dizzy
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 am

I'm pretty sure that Justin is just messing with me. But even if he's not, he has my full support. :)

It's good to have an open mind.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 am

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:35 pm

That is a nice kit. My buddy cory can get Dom for $3-4 a foot.
Oh and I'm serious about the ranger cab idea.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 pm

this is what i want it to look close to when done if i do a ranger cab. i think that would look sick.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Nice. I'd try to keep the back end of the cab enclosed, but otherwise, I like it.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Ranger cab, not cut explorer cab or bronco 2 cab :-P
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

PreviousNext

Return to Vehicle Registry