[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Merry Christmas Problems and Happy New Year Troubles.

Merry Christmas Problems and Happy New Year Troubles.

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

Merry Christmas Problems and Happy New Year Troubles.

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:55 pm

It all started when we decided to go to Raleigh, NC for Christmas. I didn't want to fly. So I convinced Dawn that we should drive. In the F350. Drag some of my son's stuff out there for him. I should have flown.

The trip out was uneventful. Good Omen, right? All the traffic jams were on the other side of the highway. No crazies. It was good.

We went to my daughter's for Christmas morning. My daughter lives on a street that has these cast iron storm drains every 11 feet or so. (They must get a lot of rain there.) Christmas morning I was parking curb side and caught one of the drains with the sidewall of the front tire. Bang, puff of powder, and instant flat. Annoying.

But my son was there and he enjoys working on trucks, so he did the heavy work of changing the tire. The next day I took the truck down to the shop my son works at and he got me a tire and and oil change so it was only slightly expensive.

About then we noticed that the truck had no heat. My son said antifreeze is low, go add a quart. I forgot to do this on the way out of town.

We left NC and took a scenic route down to SC and I85. Still cold, so I stopped and added a gallon of antifreeze. Two minutes later I had the "Reduced Engine Power" message and the blinking CEL. Ut-oh..... We stopped at the next exit and it turns out there was a Ford dealer right there. So we stopped for the night and were first for service the next morning.

Do you know what a radiator costs for a 6.4 Diesel? Well north of a grand. I should have flown. Plus we had the fun of sitting in the waiting room for 6 hours.

But the Ford dealer got us on the road. So I guess it was OK. We left the Ford dealer and drove into a HUGE rain storm. A "can't see 15 ft in front of the truck" rain storm. We finally made it to downtown Atlanta (about 100 miles from the Ford dealer) when the CEL came on again. This time not blinking, no warning message.

So, I made a calculate gamble and drove 900 miles home with the CEL on. I'm going to see if I can get into the diesel shop on Monday and see what codes are being thrown. I hope I did not make it worse.

So, anyway, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. At least had ones better than mine.

Timothy
I came, I saw, I got stuck in the mud.
LibTimothy

Re: Merry Christmas Problems and Happy New Year Troubles.

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Yikes! Sounds like a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:50 pm

I've just been spending the last couple week at my parent's place, soaking up some alcohol. lol
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Then we need to go 4 wheeling. Or have a work day. Or do SOMETHING. Right after my F350 is fixed.
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:37 pm

Yes, we do.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Well, the truck is in the shop now. Waiting for a diagnosis.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby LibTimothy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Inefficient radiator on the oil cooler.

So the engine oil was getting too hot.

What do you want to bet that this too will cost north of a grand?

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Yikes...

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:40 pm

I snapped my ankle on Christmas. Needs surgery lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Oh shit... How'd you do that?

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:10 pm

On one of those hover board scooter things lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby LibTimothy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:12 pm

LibTimothy

Postby LibTimothy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:14 pm

LibTimothy

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:15 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby LibTimothy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Tim,

No one upping involved. You had the worst time. I do not feel sorry for myself any more. That is why I started the thread. To feel better.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:45 am

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby LibTimothy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:16 pm

LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Separated from wife, fuel injectors are out, jobless and homeless, does that count? Lol

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Oh man... That really sucks.

What can we do to help you?

Timothy

(Tim, I found someone with worse problems. You are off the hook.)
LibTimothy

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm staying in my mom's doll room. Same thing.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:54 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby LibTimothy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:26 am

Well I got my truck back yesterday. I drove from the shop to my office (<25 miles) then home. On the way home, 2 miles from the repair shop, the wrench (check engine) light came on again. I stopped at the shop and the owner pulled the codes. The truck computer is complaining about the oil temp, but it measures in range. Truck goes back into the shop this morning.

This bums me out. But it could be worse.....

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 am

Ugh, sorry to hear that.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 pm

The mechanic has suggested that I have a DPF delete. He said that the problem is plugged exhaust due to the DPF.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Return to Chit-Chat