[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - The big day.

The big day.

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

The big day.

Postby LibTimothy » Wed May 14, 2014 9:50 am

Friends,

I just thought I'd share with you all. This Saturday, Dawn and I are going to make it official and tie the knot.

Neither one of us are spring chickens. We both have been thru this before. But after 20 years of living together, we decided to make it official.

Lessons Learned. 1) Don't do anything until is is right. 2) Never tell your family that the reception will have a buffet and an open bar. (Uncle Joe??? I don't have an Uncle Joe!) 3) The event will spiral out of control on day one. Thinking you have it all under control is an illusion. 4) There are a billion details to attend to. The Bride has eleventy billion on her list, and the rank order of importance is insane. I am painting walls in our walk-in closet in case some one walks thru the house, thru our bedroom, thru our bathroom, into our closet, and looks behind the hanging clothes. 5) Murphy was an optimist. 6) It is time to arrange an off roading event.

I just had to share before I go off to look for plastic wine glasses that don't look cheap, and will match the table decorations (I don't even know what this means). Then I am off to the airport in Austin to collect the first group of people who are flying in but not renting a car.

Timothy

Timothy
I came, I saw, I got stuck in the mud.
LibTimothy

Re: The big day.

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed May 14, 2014 10:01 am

Congrats, sir! I usually like to tell people, "Best mistake you'll ever make!" but since you've already been through it before, not sure if it applies. haha.

Number 6 is a definite. I need to get in gear and get mine ready.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed May 14, 2014 10:01 am

Congrats! Have fun!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Wed May 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Congratulations.

Sent from a Samsung Note 2.
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat May 17, 2014 7:53 am

Congrats man
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby BigTim55 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 am

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby LibTimothy » Mon May 26, 2014 3:32 pm

I just got home from the honeymoon. I took Dawn to the East Texas Arboretum in Athens and Clark Gardens in Mineral Wells. She really likes gardens.

But, I also managed to sneak in a side trip to do some things I like.

And it is all the rage to snap a selfie:

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Mon May 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Sweet, nice side trip.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:55 pm

I got a few more photos from the photographer.

Without telling me, Dawn decided to surprise me with a Groom's cake. Apparently this is an old southern tradition that I had never heard of before.

Here was my cake:

A tribute to my other love....

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby 8am8am » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 am

That 34 Chrysler/dodge brothers half-ton is noice! I'd f-it, bareback, not even a thought of a rubber. THE best looking truck of the day, an still sharp today. Catch the power plant he moused into it?

While I'm a little surprised you hadn't heard of a grooms cake, they're not just southern.....you ended up with a heck of a fitting one. It trumps mine, but i traded mine off to cut the cake cake with a meat clever. :D
8am8am

Return to Chit-Chat