[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - New Job!!

New Job!!

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

New Job!!

Postby MrQ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:04 pm

About three weeks ago I was called up by an old friend. He is currently working at a place that I worked at not too long ago. This was the same place that I was fired from last year. Apparently, the back story was that I was fired due to a joke by one of the supervisors. Apparently he thought it would be funny if I got fired and waited till I had left early one day to use that as an excuse for HR. A dick move, but assholes exist everywhere and they always tend to make things worse for those who make them look bad.

Anyways after I left, this friend found out what had happened and quit. He bounced around from job to job till the same company hired him back with a better pay and better position. The company fired that asshole of a supervisor after finding out what a fucked up job he was doing. To make a long story short, nearly a year and half after I am fired, my friend calls me up and asks if I want my job back at the company at $15 an hour. Apparently, I was so good at my job, that the individuals they brought in to replace me couldn't even get their foot in the door. So, my friend talked me up to his new sup, an ex-army captain, and after about three weeks of waiting on HR to get on board with it, the company made me an offer Tuesday, which I happily accepted.

Fortunately, they company has really changed since I have left. I am going to be given more opportunities to learn on the CNC's and manual lathes, plus I may be taking over the QC position of the parts being manufactured in my area. Granted, I am not going to be making a career out of this, but the opportunity to make more money in a full time position with unlimited overtime and full benefits is really going to put me back on track after my hiatus with Best Buy.

The benefit to the group is I will not have to miss weekend meets and will have a tad bit more money for projects, such as the Dark Thunder build up.
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Re: New Job!!

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Congrats! Good news. Sounds like you'll also be machining us some new parts in the near future :poke
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:23 pm

thats great news dan! glad to hear everything is working out! Hows that wrongful termination lawsuit coming?
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby MrQ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Unfortunately it is only hearsay. I trust who I got it from, but there is no substantial evidence to prove it.

Randall, you find me a lathe and I'll put it to work. ;)
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby nice59fordf100 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:35 pm

well phooey. But seriously, congrats! Kris and I have some plaque ideas we need done with a small cnc machine...
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:21 am

Yay congrats
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby reapereviltwin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:24 am

Congrats!!!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

reapereviltwin
Magic Mike
CORE Member
CORE Member