[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - One Car Too Far

One Car Too Far

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

Re: One Car Too Far

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Wow, first you try to be like Guilbeaux, now you're trying to impersonate me. It's sad, really, but haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 pm

DirecTV?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Yes. Sunday ticket at my place on Sundays!

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 pm

A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 am

Just watched the most recent episode. It's pretty interesting. The two main characters are a bit on the wussy side. The survivalist guy in particular seems surprisingly leery of inclines/declines/off camber situations. The trail fixes are definitely of interest. They replaced a spark plug hose with a twig in this one, and then replaced a throttle cable with a manual hand pulley (really just a rope tied through the window).

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:22 am

Just watched the most recent episode. It's pretty interesting. The two main characters are a bit on the wussy side. The survivalist guy in particular seems surprisingly leery of inclines/declines/off camber situations. The trail fixes are definitely of interest. They replaced a spark plug hose with a twig in this one, and then replaced a throttle cable with a manual hand pulley (really just a rope tied through the window).

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:08 am

Fail, I didn't have time to set it to record yesterday :(
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 am

Well, I recorded it, so you can watch if you like when you get here on Friday.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Werd, I did finally download the app for Dish and used it to set it to record. Although I'm not impressed with the Dish app.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Idleone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Show is ghey. I forced myself to watch it as it did look interesting. Mr "Survivor" is such a pussy. I had to turn it off when they started to drink their own pee.... Fail
2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew 6.2
Idleone
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 pm

I think my dvr figured that out on its own as it never bothered to record it lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Hmmm I'll have to see if I can find it on my free tv
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 pm

It's really not that entertaining from the few bits I've seen online.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Ok then I'll pass
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Justin Klare » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:52 am

I watch it for the trail repairs and survival tips for camping.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:56 am

I'm betting that's not why you watch it Klare.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 am

He told me that he thinks the Asian dude is pretty cute.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:53 am

I'm not surprised in the least.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 am

The show has its merits. Like Klare said, some of the trail repairs are pretty interesting. Particularly the one in the Volcano episode.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:26 pm

But are they truly realistic like the show would want you to believe? I'm not sure on that aspect.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Having not seen the show, correct?

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:50 pm

I want to see one of y'all make a wooden sled for ur rig when u snap the axle. For the record they did not drink pee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:02 pm

If they had disc brakes in the rear, that would not have been an issue. But it was a neat trail fix.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Are you positive they didn't drink pee?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes. The moisture rose up from the ground was trapped by the plastic and was directed to the slopping center that had a collection pan. The pee was to "wake" the ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

PreviousNext

Return to Chit-Chat